Squash Cornmeal Muffins
A delicious savoury accompaniment to soups and stews
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup organic cornmeal
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp died oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup winter squash, cooked
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp dried green onions or 2 fresh green onions, diced
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- In a mixer bowl, combine the eggs, squash, yogurt and oil and mix on medium speed till blended.
- Add dry ingredients and green onions, and mix until moistened.
- Scoop into non stick muffin tins , filling 3/4 full.Bake at 425 degrees for 14-16 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm.