We loooooove these cookies. Years ago I added maple syrup to them in the place of brown sugar and have never looked back. We use homemade yogurt but you can use Activia Plain, no problem.
Maple Fudge Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 10 Tbsp butter
- 14 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup, sugar, cocoa powder. Add yogurt, and vanilla. Mixture will resemble coarse sand.
- Add flour mixture, stirring till moist. Using a tablespoon or a scoop, scoop onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Immediately after removing from oven, press lightly on the tops of cooloes to flatten. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to cooling racks.