Just a quick note to list off some great seed sources. This is the number one question I am getting lately .A lot and I mean ALOT of places are sold out this year. Some online stores have shut down ordering as well, so although I checked, things are changing fast .
- Spencer’s Garden Center in Shelburne, NS
- Lavender Hill, Shelburne has a list of starts on their fb page. Call to order and curbside
- L’Ouest Ville Perennials, Argyle Head, NS
- Veseys has shutdown ordering
- Halifax Seed has shut down orders
- Yonderhill Seeds (online )
- Incredible Seed (online )
- Bakers Creek has shut down orders
- Hope Seed (online )
- Annapolis Valley Seeds (online )
- Home Hardware Stores (curbside pickup )Wilson’s Home Hardware , Barrington has a huge garden section
- Canadian Tire (online, phone and curbside )
- Shur Gain Feeds and Needs , Bridgewater (distributor of Veseys )
- I have never used Amazon for seeds however I am told they are still shipping seeds.
I hope this helps with some searching you may be doing for your garden needs. I plan and order in January out of habit, however one never knows now, do they ?!
Next year I plan to save a lot more of my own seeds to guarantee a supply for our family. Well that’s the plan anyway …..we all know, we make plans and God laughs !