Okay, so if I am running around and realized I missed someone or if I am just starting my shopping (for the love of God, Christmas comes the same time every year people, but I see you typeB personalities and love you anyway ), here are my quick go to for quality, no-gift- card gifts:
1. Cast Iron Frying Pan – No one has enough. (Locally Dans Bargain Center, Home Hardware Shelburne ) if you are adding something else to this add a nice quality salt. It’s used for cleaning the pans and seasoning.
2. Wool Socks (or mittens or gloves )- (locally Barrington Museum Complex and Uncle Sids) there is no one who shouldn’t have a pair who work outside or like being outside. I even wear mine in the summer in my boots to keep my feet cool and prevent skin breakdown.
3. Quality Bird feeder, bird book, and bird seed- (locally bird feeders and seed are available at Wilson’s, bird books at Dans Bargain Center) its a fun pastime and becomes addictive.
4. Dehydrator – These are great for drying your own herbs, fruit, jerky etc. Pair with seasonings. (Local hardware stores). Mine was $40.
5. Weather station ($$$$), weather vane or outdoor Thermometer ($) – we need ‘em and there are some nice simple ones or really nice pretty ones. (Marine stores , Vernon Deon’s or Spartan for stations , Spencer’s has beautiful brass weather vanes , Home Hardware has 19.99 simple black ones. )
Bonus : when you visit the marine store, pick up some rope knives. They are amazing for around the farm/ homestead and we keep one in the truck always.
Anyway, may the force be with you if you are out and about.
Be kind and Merry Christmas !
You must log in to post a comment.