This sweet bread is my niece Jessica’s favourite garden treat. It is perfect with a cup tea for an afternoon snack too. Or breakfast. No judgement here.
To make this in the winter, I freeze shredded zucchini in 2 cup bags.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Loaf
This dense sweet bread is the only way to gift anyone zucchini.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups organic cane sugar
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini or summer squash
- 1 cup organic canola oil
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
- 2.In a small bowl, beat the eggs, zucchini, oil, and vanilla.
- 3. Stir wet ingredients into dry, and mix till just moistened.
- 4. Fold in chocolate chips, and pour into two 8 inch x 4 inch loaf pans.
- 5. Bake for 60-65 minutes until a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean. cool on wire racks for 10 minutes before removing from pans.
This is the best way to gift anyone zucchini. Enjoy, Jenn xx