This sweet bread is my niece Jessica’s favourite garden treat. It is perfect with a cup tea for an afternoon snack too. Or breakfast. No judgement here.
To make this in the winter, I freeze shredded zucchini in 2 cup bags.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Loaf
This dense sweet bread is the only way to gift anyone zucchini.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups organic cane sugar
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini or summer squash
- 1 cup organic canola oil
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
- 2.In a small bowl, beat the eggs, zucchini, oil, and vanilla.
- 3. Stir wet ingredients into dry, and mix till just moistened.
- 4. Fold in chocolate chips, and pour into two 8 inch x 4 inch loaf pans.
- 5. Bake for 60-65 minutes until a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean. cool on wire racks for 10 minutes before removing from pans.
This is the best way to gift anyone zucchini. Enjoy, Jenn xx
You must log in to post a comment.