It’s a meal that says “I love You”. Not because it is complicated but because it’s decadent. I make this on special occasions as it is my husband’s favorite.
And I must say I do not have a hard time eating it either so win win for this country cook.
- 1 lb roasted, and peeled shrimp
- 1 lb spagetti, spaghettini or fettuccini
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large pot, heat salted water for pasta.
- Boil pasta till al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream to a simmer. Temper the beaten egg yolks with a bit of warm cream, then add the yolks to the rest of the cream. DO NOT LET BOIL or egg will curdle.
- Over very low heat, stir in cheese, butter, salt and pepper.
- Toss with pasta, and shrimp, and serve with a little bit extra of parmesan cheese.
I love using fresh cream if you have it. And subbing in something lighter is not a good idea. It needs the cream for the sauce to thicken.
…….and because fresh cream tastes amazing!
Happy Valentine’s Day !
Love Jenn xx