We loooooove these cookies. Years ago I added maple syrup to them in place of brown sugar and have never looked back. We use homemade yogurt but you can use Activia Plain, no problem.
Maple Fudge Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 10 Tbsp butter
- 14 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup, sugar, cocoa powder. Add yogurt, and vanilla. Mixture will resemble coarse sand.
- Add flour mixture, stirring till moist. Using a tablespoon or a scoop, scoop onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Immediately after removing from oven, press lightly on the tops of cooloes to flatten. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to cooling racks.