We can clean a bowl of this in one sitting. I think our bodies crave something in it during the winter months. My youngest has just discovered he loves this as much as his older siblings and he has a hollow leg, I swear. I have been making a batch every week for the last month, and it will probably go on till February. Like I mentioned, we crave it. Avocados are not something we can grow here, so perhaps it is that. They have loads of health benefits so if my kids love it, I am in!
It is also green and red so its a wonderful holiday make ahead dip.
Love Jenn xx
- 6 ripe small avocados
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, large
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium firm tomato, diced
- Cut the avocados and remove the pits, using a spoon scoop the flesh into a large bowl. Immediately add the lemon juice. This preserves the beautiful green color.
- Add the hot sauce, onion, garlic, salt and pepper and mash lightly.
- Fold in the chopped tomatoes. Taste and add more salt or pepper, if needed.
- This will keep for a few days in the fridge but some liquid will settle on top. just stir it back in.