A sweet and tangy relish to add to burgers, and seafood
- 1 water bath canner
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp celery seed
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 16 cups grated zucchini
- 4 cups grated onions
- 1/2 cup salt
- Bring vinegar, sugar, salt and spices to a boil.
- Pour vinegar mixture over grated zucchini, and onion.Let sit for 1 hour.
- Thirty minutes into the hour, heat jars in a 250 degree oven.
- After the hour is up, bring relish mixture to a boil, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Bring water bath canner to a boil. Ensure there is enough water to cover the jars by one inch.
- Pack relish into hot jars, with 1/2 inch headspace.
- Wipe rim of jars with white vinegar, and attach lids and rings.
- Process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.