Subscribe to Blog via Email
We all really love this chowder: it is delicious, quick to whip up, usually I have all the ingredients on hand and the leftovers taste even better. I am always here for the leftovers.
I use cooked chicken in mine, but if you want to use fresh chicken breasts, you can. You’ll just add them at the beginning while you are sautéing the potatoes.
I use our homemade salsa, herbs, broth and our home canned corn but if you are using store-bought, it is very forgiving for flavour.
We all need a little forgiveness sometimes at suppertime, don’t we ?
Love Jenn xx
Tex Mex Chicken Corn Chowder
A delicious hearty quick supper with loads of flavour
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp chili powder *this is mild. add More if you like it spicy
- 1 tsp cumin
- 5 cups Chicken broth
- 2 cups medium salsa
- 3 cups canned or frozen corn
- 2 cups sour cream, divided
- dried chives for garnish
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven. Toss in diced potatoes, half the oregano, chilli powder, cumin. Stir often until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Add the cooked chicken, salsa and the broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add oregano, and corn. Simmer for 3 minutes longer until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup of sour cream.
- To serve garnish with sour cream, and dried chives.
You must log in to post a comment.