We love this chicken. It’s my easiest go-to “fancy” supper . And we usually choose nourishment over fancy here, so I know it’s good for the body too. We use our own homegrown chicken breasts but any organically grown chicken breasts will do.
- 3 large chicken breasts cut in half
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup sourdough crumbs
- 1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1/1/2 tbsps Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsps Chicken Rub find that link below or combination of herbs you prefer
- Chicken Rub https://yellowbrickroadfarm.ca/2023/06/22/chicken-rub/
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat a large empty cast iron pan in the oven for about 5 minutes.
While that is heating, combine Mayo, mustard, salt and pepper and chicken rub (recipe here https://yellowbrickroadfarm.ca/2023/06/22/chicken-rub/ ) together .
When pan is ready, take out and pour in 2 Tbsps of oil. Set chicken pieces in pan, slather on Mayo /herb mixture, coating the tops on each piece generously.
Sprinkle sourdough crumb over each piece covering the Mayo mixture.
Return to oven and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does.
Love Jenn xx