This was such a great way to use up some banana bread that was hanging on, once my family moved on. They love it fresh out of the oven and even the second day- beyond that, it needs a reboot and rebirth.
Enter Griddled Banana Bread.
I use a one bowl banana bread recipe. I see no need to do more dishes as I do not have a dishwasher.
So to make the Griddled Banana Bread, I simply slather both sides with homemade butter and grill in a cast iron pan till warm, brown , and crusty on both sides.
Then I serve with maple syrup and sliced bananas.
And that’s it. Pretty simple but in all my years of baking banana bread, I have just started serving this the past year. It just hit me one day, and it was an instant hit.
Griddled Banana Bread
- cast iron Frying Pan
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 11/2 mashed banana
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
For Grilling Bread
- 1/2 banana chopped for garnish
- maple syrup
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease one bread loaf pan and line with parchment paper to fit bottom. Grease paper.
- Cream butter, and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, then bananas. add flour and soda. Beat until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour, testing with a toothpick. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Using two day old Banana Bread, slather both sides with butter.
- Grill in a cast iron pan over medium heat, until bread is warm,brown and crusty and both sides.
- Serve with real maple syrup and chopped bananas.
You must log in to post a comment.